To the eastern side of Mananchira is the biggest Basel mission Church in the Malabar region. It was built eight years after the missionaries came to India in 1842. The church is a harmonic combination of Kerala and European styles of architecture. It has a threetiered turret and has a main hall and a cluster of rooms to the back and sides, roofed with tiles. Another attraction is the pipe organ, gifted by the St. Aidan's Church in Cheltenham, England.